Tuesday 10 January 2023

My Just Deserve: Tuesday, January 10th, 2023.

 Welcome, I hope you've had a great start to your new year (hopefully better than me; i've been struck down by a cold but it seems to be getting better 😌). My name is Justin Fisher, or 'Fish' as some people like to call me. If you're reading this you're probably looking for reviews or new bands or something like that. Those will be coming soon as I start writing to develop a style of posting! In the meantime, here's what this blog will look like, for the most part:

Music reviews: I won't be reviewing absolutely everything new that I listen to, because there's so much, and most of that is just filler stuff that I have nothing positive or negative to say about. I would like to focus mainly on local (I'm in Manitoba) and Canadian scene reviews, for the most part, though. Saying that, I want to also share every local concert poster that I come across. Stay tuned!

Interviews: I would eventually love to pick the brains and have a convo with certain musicians, either in the local scene (e.g. Jordan + Zach Skelly, the guys from Storyteller, etc) and others outside of the local scene (Jeff Smith from Jeromes Dream, Mikaila Delgado from Yours Truly, Chris and Chuck from Hot Water Music, Tyler Zanon from Youth Fountain, Nathan from Boysetsfire and the guys from Touche Amore come to mind.) As I live in Winnipeg, there's also potential for interviews with local promoters and venue owners (Park Theatre, The Goodwill, St James Lanes), that I'd be quite interested in talking to.

Personal music/band related stuff: I am currently in a post-hardcore 5-piece band called Courriers, and we're currently writing our debut ep. We have a single (a cover) coming out very soon and will share it here when it's done! 

Radio: I host a hardcore/emo oriented show on Wednesdays from 3-4pm (CST) on UMFM 101.5. The show is called Suburban Home. I play everything from the founding fathers of emo - Rites of Spring - to local Canadian bands and small Australian bands, even classic screamo stuff from the late 90s.

https://umfm.com/programming/shows/suburban-home

Alright, I think I'm done talking about myself here. What a Howard Stern, eh? If this finds you well and you're not already, please consider listening to Suburban Home, and come join the fun where i'm mostly active on my instagram @justinfishermusic // @courriersband + feel free to follow my lastfm account: https://www.last.fm/user/percussionistjf

I'll post a few times within the next week or two, and if I find any demo or obscure music links, i'll make sure to post those as well.

P.S. The new blog name is a Touche Amore/La Dispute reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment